Want to Thank Your Nurse?
Honor the compassion and care nurses provide their patients everyday! Nominate a nurse for the Daisy Award at Starr Regional.
The DAISY Award for Extraordinary Nurses was created in memory of J. Patrick Barnes who died at 33 of ITP, an auto-immune disease. The Barnes Family was awestruck by the clinical skills, caring and compassion of the nurses who cared for Patrick, so they created this international award to say thank you to nurses everywhere.
Nomination forms are located at the Nursing units, Cafeteria, ER & Front Lobby, or online at: www.StarrRegional.com
For more information contact:
Athens: Gail Moser, RN 423-744-3213 or Mitzi Newberry, RN 423-744-3430
Etowah: Bridgette Hammons, RN 423-507-3659
DAISY Nurses must meet the following criteria in order to be selected to receive the DAISY Award:
- Established a special connection with patients and families through trust and emotional support.
- Provided compassionate care. Kept the patient and their family at the center of care.
- Demonstrated professionalism in the work environment.
- Communicated clearly and effectively with coworkers and patients.
- Committed to the highest standards of professional nursing practice.
- Demonstrated excellent clinical and critical thinking skills.
- Advance Directives
- Contact Us
- Health Information
- Non-Discrimination Notice - Athens
- Non-Discrimination Notice - Etowah
- Online Bill Pay
- Patient's Rights and Responsibilities
- Privacy Practices
- Patient Safety
- Support Groups
- Mission, Vision and High Five
- Sponsorship Request
- Daisy Award