What to bring to the Emergency Department
At Starr Regional Medical Center, we strive to provide the highest quality of care to all of our patients. Our Emergency Department treats approximately 50,000 patients annually. By following the tips below, patients can also play an important role in their own medical care.
If you come to the Emergency Department, bringing the following information with you can expedite the patient registration process, and will be helpful to the staff and physicians providing your treatment:
- List of medications you were taking prior to admission
- List of medications to which you are allergic
- If you have Advanced Directives (Living Will, Health Care Power of Attorney or Advanced Instruction for Mental Health Treatment), please bring those with you when you come to the hospital.
You will also be asked to provide:
- Your name, address, date of birth and phone number
- Insurance card, Medicare or Medicaid card and employer or employer of the person whose insurance card you are using
- You will be asked to provide the name and telephone number for a responsible person to notify regarding your situation
- If you are a minor, you will need a parent or guardian to sign for your treatment