Car Seat Safety
As children grow, how they sit safely in a car, truck, van or SUV changes. For maximum child passenger safety, parents and caregivers simply need to remember and follow the 4 Steps for Kids:
- Use rear-facing infant seats in the back seat from birth to at least 1 year and at least 20 pounds.
- Use forward-facing toddler seats in the back seat from age 1 and 20 pounds to about age 4 and 40 pounds.
- Use booster seats in the back seat from about age 4 to at least age 8 unless the child is 4'9" or taller.
- Use safety belts in the back seat at age 8 or older or when the child is taller than 4'9".
- All children younger than age 13 should ride in the back seat.
Learn more about proper child passenger safety seats.
- Advanced Imaging
- Advanced Wound Care
- Breast Center
- Diabetes Center
- Diagnostic Sleep Center
- Emergency Department
- Find a Doctor
- Labor & Delivery
- Skilled Nursing Facility
- Cardiac Rehab
- Rehabilitation Services
- Senior Care