Coronavirus (COVID-19) Preparedness Information Learn More
Visitor Guidelines for all facilities:
Updated May 27, 2020
At Starr Regional Medical Center, our top priority is safeguarding the health and wellbeing of our patients, providers, employees and community. We continue to closely monitor the prevalence of coronavirus (COVID-19) in our community and follow state and federal guidance as we adapt our operations to safely care for and support our patients. Effective May 27, 2020, we are easing our visitor policy on the Athens campus as follows:
- Inpatients will be limited to one WELL visitor per day, including one support person for surgical and obstetric patients.
- Emergency Department patients on both campuses will also be allowed a support person.
- All pediatric patients shall be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- All visitors must be 16 years of age or older, will be screened upon entry and will be required to wear a mask and armband at all times while in the facility.
- Visitors who do not pass the screening at entry will be asked to reschedule their visit until they are symptom-free.
- Visitors are NOT allowed for high-risk, isolation, immunocompromised or respiratory patients who are under observation or test positive for COVID-19.
- Starr Regional Health & Rehabilitation, our skilled nursing and long-term care facility, as well as our Senior Care program, both located on the Etowah campus, will continue the zero-visitation protocol at this time.*
- We continue to screen everyone who enters our facilities for symptoms consistent with COVID-19, per CDC guidelines.
- Please utilize alternative methods of communication, including technology, with patients as much as possible.
We will continue to limit entry points to our facilities. On the Athens campus, the main entrance, Outpatient Services entrance and the Emergency Department entrance will be the only entrances available. Sick patients seeking medical care, including testing, must enter through the Emergency Department.
The Etowah campus, which remains at zero visitation with few exceptions, will have limited entrance points at the main entrance and Emergency Department. After 4 p.m., the main entrance will transition completely to the Emergency Department.
Additionally, all common areas on both campuses, including the Cafeteria, Chapel, Gift Shop and main lobby, will continue to be closed to the public and all visitors. The cafeteria will be available to employees and medical staff only.
Signage is being posted around the facility notifying visitors and the community of these new restrictions and guidelines. Thank you for your continued understanding and cooperation as we work to maintain a safe environment for our patients and team.
*Starr Regional Health & Rehabilitation and our Senior Care program, both located on the Etowah campus, elected to restrict all visitation effective March 12, 2020. Exceptions, only after screening has taken place, will include family of residents at end of life, hospice caregivers, home health care agencies and other necessary caregivers. We understand that connecting with family members is incredibly important, and there are a variety of other ways you might consider connecting with them, including telephone, email, text, or through Google Duo or Facebook. Please call Starr Regional Health & Rehabilitation at (423) 507-3659 with any questions or for information on how to contact a friend or family member using Google Duo or Facebook.