Coronavirus (COVID-19) Preparedness Information Learn More
Want to Thank Your Nurse?
Honor the compassion and care nurses provide their patients everyday! Nominate a nurse for the Daisy Award at Starr Regional.
The DAISY Award for Extraordinary Nurses was created in memory of J. Patrick Barnes who died at 33 of ITP, an auto-immune disease. The Barnes Family was awestruck by the clinical skills, caring and compassion of the nurses who cared for Patrick, so they created this international award to say thank you to nurses everywhere.
Nomination forms are located at the nursing units, cafeteria, ER and front lobby on both campuses. You may also download a nomination form below. If you have any questions, please contact Gail Moser, RN, 423-744-3213 or Mitzi Newberry, RN, 423-744-3430.
For more information contact:
Gail Moser, RN, 423-744-3213 or Mitzi Newberry, RN, 423-744-3430
DAISY Nurses must meet the following criteria in order to be selected to receive the DAISY Award:
- Established a special connection with patients and families through trust and emotional support.
- Provided compassionate care. Kept the patient and their family at the center of care.
- Demonstrated professionalism in the work environment.
- Communicated clearly and effectively with coworkers and patients.
- Committed to the highest standards of professional nursing practice.
- Demonstrated excellent clinical and critical thinking skills.
- About Us
- Advance Directives
- Contact Us
- NIH: Health Information & Tools
- Medical Records
- Non-Discrimination Notice - Athens & Etowah
- Online Bill Pay
- Patient Portal
- Patient's Rights and Responsibilities
- Privacy Practices
- Patient Safety
- Support Groups
- Sponsorship Request
- Daisy Award
- Understanding Your Healthcare Costs
- Third Party Applications
- Count On Us
- Visitation Policy
- Visitor Welcome Video