We ask that you please follow the ER guidelines below upon arrival:
- Sign in at the triage desk. We use a triage system to ensure our physicians see the sickest patients first. A triage nurse will assess each patient to determine the priority of treatment.
- Please refrain from eating or drinking. It will shorten the wait if you need lab work, X-rays or surgery that requires an empty stomach.
- The admitting registrar may ask for important personal information, such as your address and phone number, so please have that information available.
- If you feel you are getting sicker while waiting, notify the staff member at the registrar’s desk, and he or she will contact a triage nurse.
- Once you are in the treatment area, ER staff may need additional information to assist the physician in further evaluating your illness or injury. Then a physician will examine you and order appropriate tests to evaluate your condition.
- Please be patient. Consider the current demand on staff and the number of tests required for the physician to give you a proper diagnosis.
- Remain in your room with the door closed whenever possible to help maintain the privacy and confidentiality of all our patients. A call bell is available at your bedside if you need immediate assistance.
- The hospital cannot be responsible for your valuables, so please send all valuables home with a family member or trusted friend.