Updated August 20, 2021
At Starr Regional Medical Center, our top priority is safeguarding the health and wellbeing of our patients, providers, employees and community. Effective Monday, August 23, our facilities are transitioning to limited visitation protocol. The decision to update the visitation policy was made as a result of the notable increase in COVID-19 cases in McMinn County and its surrounding communities.
- General visiting hours are 8 a.m. until 9 p.m.
- Visitors will be screened for symptoms consistent with COVID-19, per CDC guidelines.
- Children under the age of 12 should refrain from visiting.
- Inpatients may have may have two well visitors.
- Patients requiring outpatient or emergency services may have only one accompanying person if required for support. A parent or guardian must be present with pediatric patients at all times.
- Visitors are not allowed for patients who are high-risk, on isolation precautions or immunocompromised, or for patients who are under observation or test positive for COVID-19.
- The Chapel is open to patients and visitors. We have hand sanitizer stations available, and the room will be cleaned routinely with measures used in other public spaces.
- The cafeteria will remain open to the public. To provide a safe environment, hand sanitizing stations are prominently located, masking is required except when eating and everyone is asked to continue practicing social distancing. Families can sit in close proximity to one another.
- Patients are asked to continue to maintain social distancing in the lobbies and waiting areas.
Starr Regional Health & Rehabilitation (SRHR) and Starr Regional’s Senior Care program continue to have separate visitation policies in place to protect the vulnerable populations they serve. To learn more about SRHR’s updated policy, visit the Starr Regional Health & Rehabilitation page. For more information about Starr Regional’s Senior Care program and its policies, please call 423-263-3600.
Thank you for your continued understanding and cooperation as we work to maintain a safe environment for our patients and team.